Emmy and Peabody award winning writer, editor, producer and photographer
Extensive experience in broadcast television, radio, World Wide Web, magazine, book and web publishing
Familiarity with web 2.0 tools
MOST RECENT PROJECTS
• Jim Richards Productions. Writer/producer of short films and multi-media projects for clients including American Institute of Architects, Radio and Television News Directors Foundation, and National Association of Minority Media Executives
* Digital Music columnist for examiner.com (www.examiner.com/concert-photography-in-washington-dc/marianne-meyer)
PREVIOUS PROJECTS (PARTIAL LIST)
- Washington Post. Regular contributor of biweekly “Live!” music and arts preview column for regional editions in two DC-area counties. (2004-2009)
• “Kinetic City Super Crew” – writer for children’s educational Web site www.kineticcity.com
• Challenger Center for Space Science Education – rewrote content for site relaunch: www.challenger.org
• “Kinetic City Super Crew” – writer, editor and vocal contributor to nationally syndicated weekly half-hour comedy adventure series. PEABODY AWARD Radio Broadcast Excellence
• International Radio Festival “New Waves” – segment producer/script consultant to syndicated weekly music/variety series for teenagers
• “It Had To Be You” – Executive Story Editor for CBS Network sitcom starring Faye Dunaway, Robert Uhrich
• “The Trouble With Larry” – Story Editor for CBS sitcom starring Bronson Pinchot, Courtney Cox
• “Hot Hero Sandwich” Staff Writer, NBC comedy/variety series for teenagers. EMMY AWARD, Television Writing for children
• Children’s Television Workshop, International division – Script Writer for “The Electric Company” for Arabic audiences
• “Nitelife” – Script consultant, original independent film feature.
• “The Family That Plays Together “ – Author, original script
BOOKS (Sole author):
• Snow Problem: The Case of the Mushing Madness, Kinetic City Super Crew series, McGraw-Hill
• Metal Heads: The Case of the Rival Robots, Kinetic City Super Crew series, McGraw-Hill
• Ask Kermit About Space, Walden/Henson Associates
• Bruce Springsteen, Ballantine Books
• Jim Henson’s Bedtime Stories series, Henson/Field Publications
• Muppets! Muppets! Muppets!, Muppet Press/Derrydale
• Rolling Stone Year in Review, Charles Scribner’s Sons
• The Rock Yearbook, Virgin Books
• Muppet Contributing editor, music columnist, entertainment features
• United Features Syndicate – Weekly syndicated rock music and cable TV columnist
• Video – Contributing editor, Kidvid columnist, reviews, features
Free-lance feature articles:
* Arts and culture for the aging – official magazine of the National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association
• Music and pop culture – Interview, Musician, The New York Times, ReAct, Redbook, Rolling Stone
• Children’s entertainment: – Barbie, Parenting, Scholastic, Action, Sesame Street, Sports Illustrated for Kids
- Newspaper Association of America: Scripts for promotional films for NAA convention events.
- Athena Awards ceremonies (best newspaper advertising) and Edgie Awards (best newspaper web sites): script consultant
- NBC’s The Source (rock radio) Network, Westwood One Radio Network. Promotional brochures and newsletters.
- Elektra Records: Script Writer for short promotional films for industry conventions, radio and print advertising copy.
- Columbia Records, Virgin Records, Charisma Records: Promotional ad copy for new albums, artist biographies.
B.A., Dramatic Literature, New York University
References, written samples and video clips available upon request.